Wednesday 5 May 2010

Annoyances at work

Sometimes work can be so frustrating. The times I am referring to are the times when you are waiting for someone else to do their part in order for you to be able to move forward with yours. I am currently in such a situation.

I was supposed to get lists of names this morning to give placements to 'my' kids. I thought that was great but now it's 11:15 am and morning is almost over and so far nothing. I have emailed this person asking for the lists and I have called him on his phone, which he doesn't answer, to ask for them. I guess this means if I don't get them by the end of today, even though I was told yesterday afternoon they were all ready to be sent to me, I will have to go ahead and do placements anyway and if it ends up being wrong there's nothing I can do about it.

People who can't be trusted to do their job is a nuisance. I guess this means I will be able to use my lunch hour to go listen to the politicians when they come to town to talk about what they intend to do if they win the election. Just that the later I get these lists the longer my day here at work will be today.

Only positive I can see right now is that it gave me time to do some blogging but subject so far isn't exactly the best. Maybe I need to close this one and find a better subject.

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, this happens in most jobs. People that want to do their job and do it right are sometimes met with a little resistance from other workers. You are doing a wonderful job, Lena.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lena, it's a shame that some people's work ethics aren't what they should be. This does seem to be an issue found just about anywhere, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete