Wednesday 5 May 2010

Lunchhour ponderings

My radio is just playing some vioce clip from Germany and it is kind of distracting with mixed German and Swedish in my ears when I try writing in English.

I had decided I was going to join a couple of my workmates to go listen to the politicians in town but the guy I was waiting for finally came through. He called and told me the lists are on the way so I decided although it's a beautiful sunny day I'm better off doing the workload now so I can get home at a decent hour tonight.

The politicians who are going to be talking I am not going to vote for anyway as I do not like what they have offered in terms of promises so far. We do not solve the problems this country currently has by yet again increasing the taxes and raise the unemployment benefits. What we need is for them to lower the tax pressure on companies so they can afford to hire more staff and that way create more jobs and decrease the number of unemployed people. And lower tax for everyone I believe increases people's ability to keep the commerce going as they can afford to buy things and that too would increase number of jobs available.

Hopefully my father is home tonight as I am going to pay him a visit on my way home. I owe him money and felt today is a good day to pay him back and there is a new bridge they are going to open tonight. Maybe he wants to go to it and we could go together to witness that event.

Why does it take so long for emails to arrive when you're waiting for one? At other times they come very quickly. And still waiting here. Ah well it should be here shortly.

In the meantime I can always look out my windows and dream a bit, while listening to the radio. The radio station I wanted to listen to howeveer is currently not working. The last couple of days of trying to listen to it all I got was buffering. I listen through the computer as the radio I have in this room won't work.

The trees outside my windows here are starting to look green and that is so wonderful to see after the extremely long winter we had. Spring is my favourite time of year. I love seeing flowers come up out of the ground and come into bloom and to see the trees transform from naked to lush green, sometimes in a matter of just days.

I'm hoping this weekend will offer some nice weather so I can sit outside and read, tend to my garden etc. Most of all rest and relax and just enjoy the better weather.

2 comments:

  1. Lena, I enjoyed reading this. Made me feel like I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lena, your post here just backs up my thoughts that the world as a whole is suffering an economic crisis. I'm not sure what the answers are, but obviously with so many countries, including here in the USA, in deep financial crisis, it appears our governments, our people, need to do something different in order to get a different result.

    Spring is my favorite time of year, too, followed by summer sun! I'm enJOYin' the view right along with you m'dear!

    ReplyDelete