Wednesday 21 April 2010

I am a working woman now

I have yet again joined the workforce after more than a year and a half of unemployment. Today is the last day of my first week as a working woman again. I am tired as I am not used to having such long days but at the same time I am very happy as it feels good to be useful again.

My job is as an administrative assistant in an office and I have found that I am underpaid but I suppose I can always negotiate to have that changed for the better if I get employment extending the three month contract I got. To make up for it though I was given one of the largest rooms in the office so I have plenty of space and I have a pretty cute guy who visits me twice daily as he keeps some of his belongings in here. Some eyecandy is always nice.

Right now it's 4:10 in the afternoon and soon I can pack up my stuff and go home. It was not a very productive day today. We have a problem with the program we use for the job placements so I am currently locked out of it and I have no other tasks for backup so what better way to spend the afternoon than to blog a little about my day.

I'm not really looking forward to my trip home because the weather outside is rainy and cold, however I took the bus into town today so at least I won't get too wet on my way home. Wednesdays is usually my day to join with my sangha for some meditation but I have not been there for weeks now and I doubt I will go tonight. I much rather go home and make myself a nice cup of tea in the new English teapot that I got from the International market at my lunch hour.

Now to pay a visit to my union website to cancel my membership there so I can join the union that represents this workplace so they can help me bring my wage up to a decent level. Unfortunately the local government here in town are notorious for doing this to people.

1 comment:

  1. You're right, a bit of eye candy will surely improve a work day! I'm so glad you're back to work, Lena, and hope this job lasts indefinitely or leads to another, at least!

    ReplyDelete