Monday 5 April 2010

letter to someone I love - March prompt

Dear Chris

I feel I have to write you this letter after our conversation earlier today. I want to encourage you to write a journal documenting your every day life. Firstly I think it will help you see your own progress in the goals you said you are going to set for yourself in losing weight and to pick up your hobbies again.
I believe it may also help you create that understanding you want from your children in order to get a more serene and happy home like your sister has.
I'm picturing this journal as an open blog to them where you share what you feel comfortable sharing with them about your feelings and emotions as well as concerns you have not just for yourself and your own health but also for them and your grandkids. I think it will fit right in with that unclogging of space that you were talking about.

My hope for this journal is that they will get a better understanding for you and the situation you are in. After all we both know kids don't listen to their parents but it seems reading is something everyone can and will do considering how they are on facebook etc.

I'm writing you this letter because I am as concerned as you are and I do love and care for all of you. Best of luck and take care, till next time sweetie

Love
Lena

3 comments:

  1. Oh Lena! This is a wonderful letter to your friend about journaling!

    I have to tell you that you have just given me a wonderful idea for a new journal that may make me journal on a much more regular basis. I like the idea you have of an "open" journal. I'm soon going to begin mine and make it an open journal to lay on my coffee table, anyone welcome to peek inside for a bit about me.

    Thanks Lena! I think... just what I need, another writing ToDo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lena, outstanding job on your letter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful letter! I'm so glad you shared this.

    ReplyDelete